Xlure HHB Overview
Xlure HHB (Ham and Hide beetle Trap) is a monitoring trap attracting pests that feed on protein, that incorporates a multi-food lure and pheromone mix to ensure maximum attraction.
Designed to target the most common pests that attack and contaminate meats, hides, bones and cheese.
- Sturdy plastic shell with replaceable ready to use cartridge.
- Combines pheromones and attractants for the monitoring of insects that impact meat and leather products.
- Insecticide free and non-toxic.
- 360° access for insects.
- Designed to provide an attractive sheltered environment for target insects.
- Trap top completely covers the slotted base, preventing dust and debris accumulation.
- Angled body on the trap facilitates the upward movement of insects. Rough texture around trap base aids pest grip.
- Slick Teflon interior oiled with attractant that makes insect escape impossible.
- Durable, compact trap easy to install with a spill proof replaceable cartridge.
- Tether system available to secure traps in place preventing unwanted removal/displacement.
Red legged ham beetle, Necrobia rufipes;
Hide beetle, Dermestes maculatus.
Where to use
Red legged ham beetle, Necrobia rufipes; Hide beetle, Dermestes maculatus.
CAT-XLURE-HHB-KIT – Xlure HHB kits – Box of 5 traps and 5 refills
CAT-XLURE-HHB-REFILL – Xlure HHB refills – Box of 10 refills
Peel the foil lid from the refill. Click the refill into the base of the trap from underneath. Line up the trap so the tether system on the base fits through the hole in the plastic lid and click together.
Where to place / Distance
- The Xlure HHB should be placed on a flat surface.
- In small rooms one trap will be sufficient.
- In larger open areas e.g. warehouses and manufacturers.
- Traps should be placed approximately 8-10 metres apart in a grid formation.
- More traps may be required in buildings with more than one level, where there are obstacles or if there are heavy infestations.
- Replace the refill every 6-8 weeks unless the trap is full earlier.
The refills should be stored sealed, in a cool dry place for a shelf life of 12 months. If longer storage is required store in a fridge or freezer.